bwHPC-S5: Scientific Simulation and Storage Support Services
bwHPC-S5 is the current accompanying state-wide project to the implementation concept of the universities in the state of Baden-Württemberg for High Performance Computing (HPC), Data Intensive Computing (DIC) and Large Scale Scientific Data Management (LS2DM). It is the link between science and the infrastructures for HPC, DIC and LS2DM. The project includes national user support and helps the transition to higher levels of HPC performance. Phase 2 of the project runs from 2018 to 2024 and is funded by the Ministry of Research, Science and Arts Baden-Württemberg (MWK).
bwHPC-S5 at a glance:
- The primary objective of the project is to establish an integrated nationwide computing and data infrastructure.
- It increases efficiency and effectiveness by providing first-class support to scientists and users.
- The implementation of professional competence centers guarantees the support expertise required to embed the scientific communities into the HPC, DIC and LS2DM world.
- bwHPC-S5 extends the federated services established in previous projects to include the acquisition, processing, storage and archiving of large scientific datasets.
- A constantly refined and coordinated training program for the topics HPC, DIC and LS2DM complements the user support services.
- Furthermore the project assesses and adapts new technologies in close cooperation with users to allow fast incorporation into existing infrastructures.
Further information on the project: here